Skip To The Main Content
facebook twitter linkedin search

Water and Sewer - Frequently Asked Questions

I'm new to the area. How do I get water service?

You can establish an account by completing an Utility Service Application and emailing the completed form along with required documents to or dropping off in-person at Village Hall.

A deposit will be charged to your account within the first monthly service bill. If you call our customer service line in advance, we can give you the exact amount of the deposit required. 

How do I discontinue my water service?

To terminate your water service, fill out a Utility Service Close Request and email the completed form to, drop off in-person at Village Hall, or call our customer service line.

Next day service is available Monday through Wednesday. Terminating your water service includes obtaining a final meter reading, crediting your initial deposit to your final bill, and mailing a final bill to your forwarding address. If any refund is due, a check will be included with your final bill.

What are my payment options?

Water utility bills are issued on a monthly basis. Payments may be made by check, money order, electronic check (withdrawn directly from your bank account) or online.   

Payments can be:

  • Mailed* to the Bal Harbour Village Finance Department 655 96th Street Bal Harbour, FL 33154; or
  • Delivered* in-person at the Village Hall front desk or drop box outside the main entrance; or
  • Online via credit card or debit card**.  To pay online visit:

(*) Invoice or payment coupon must be included.

(**) Effective November 1, 2020, credit card or debit card payments will be charged an additional credit card convenience fee.

How do I change my billing address?

Please send your new address via email to

Who can I call with a question about my utility bill?

Call Customer Service at 305.993.7317, Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.

What are the utility rates?

The Water rate is $4.915/1,000 gallons, and the Wastewater Rate is $8.709/1,000 gallons of water consumed with a 3,000 gallon minimum monthly charge.

Who do I call if I have a water leak?

The Village is not responsible for leaks that occur on private property. You will probably need to contact a plumber. If you are unsure if you have a leak, or need to report a leak outside your property, or inside the meter box, call Customer Service at 305.866.4633.

Who do I call about a water main break or fire hydrant leak?

Please advise the Parks and Public Spaces Department of water main breaks in your area immediately

Water Service Liaison:
Jason Atkinson, Operations Supervisor
Phone: 305.866.7334
Mobile: 305.586.5391

Parks & Public Spaces Director:
John Oldenburg
Phone: 305.866.7336
Mobile: 954.205.9684

What do I do if I have a sanitary sewer backup?

During regular business hours: Please call 305.866.4633

After-hours: Please contact Jason Atkinson, Water Service Liaison, at 305.586.5391

Our staff will take your name, address and telephone number and ask if the location has a cleanout connection. If your cleanout connection is accessible, someone will be dispatched to your home or business to investigate the situation, and determine the cause of the blockage.

Please note that our staff will not enter your residence or business under any circumstances and that a cleanout connection is required for the city to clear the lateral backup.

If the Village determines the lateral blockage is on the customer’s side of the connection (sewer pipe located on customer's property), the customer will need to hire your own plumber to clear the line.

Please remember, our crews cannot clear a lateral blockage if you don't have a cleanout connection.

Where can I get a copy of the latest Water Quality Report?

View our 2018 Water Quality Report, which was produced and printed in 2019.  Data in the report was collected from water samples taken between January 1, 2018, and December 31, 2018.