Nature of Work:
Responsible for greeting and directing visitors to the Municipal Center, handling incoming calls, answering questions, collecting information, and/or directing calls to appropriate departments or individuals within the Village, preparing receipts, assisting with clerical duties, and other tasks as assigned. Ensures best practices are adhered to regarding Village’s security and safety for both employees and visitors.
Illustrative Examples of Essential Duties:
- Answer multi-line telephone and direct calls to appropriate personnel and take accurate messages.
- Greet the public; provide information and assistance regarding schedules, Village events, registration, program descriptions, and other general information over the phone, in person, and online.
- Provide clerical support to other departments and divisions as assigned.
- Operate office equipment such as copiers, computers, and other related equipment.
- Provide excellent internal and external customer service. Create a positive experience for customers through professional and courteous behavior.
- Respect diversity in the workplace.
- Serve as the face for all Village visitors.
- Professionally represent Bal Harbour Village.
- All other assigned duties in clerical/administrative services in the Village.
- These essential job functions are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed.Employees may be required to perform related work as needed by the department and Village.
- Village employees may be required to perform duties related to emergency management and disaster recovery efforts in the event of a natural or man-made disaster.
- Village employees may be required to periodically attend Village events during and outside regular working hours.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Perform general clerical work including maintenance of appropriate records.
- Work courteously with staff and the public, on the telephone or in person, including handling difficult or irate people.
- Type or enter data at a speed and accuracy necessary for successful job performance.
- Perform fundamental calculations.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Maintain a neat, professional appearance.
- Operate a computer, telephone system, and other related office equipment.
- Speak clearly and concisely, in English, both verbally and in written form.
- Verbal bilingual fluency is preferred.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED.
- 1-3 years’ experience in a secretarial/administrative role.
(A comparable amount of training, education or experience can be substituted for the minimum qualifications.)
Essential Physical Skills:
- Regularly required to stand, sit, see, speak, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer, telephone, or other electronic devices.
- Occasional light to moderate lifting of office products and supplies may be required.
- Moderate noise (business office with computers, telephones, printers, fax machines, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and light traffic).
- Ability to work within a confined area.
- Ability to work in a computer station for an extended period.
- General Supervision and specific assignments are received from and reviewed by various supervisory level staff.
- Duties are performed with limited independence requiring the exercise of discretion, sound judgment, and initiative.
Bal Harbour Village is an Equal Opportunity / Drug-Free Workplace Employer. Veteran's preference will be awarded under applicable Florida Law. All resumes are subject to Florida Public Records Laws.
To apply submit a resume to: email@example.com