Position: Accounting Clerk
Salary: entry $40,000 (Full-time, Exempt)
Reports to: Finance Director
Summary: The Accounting Technician performs a variety of accounting work involving
the maintenance of financial records, reports, and customer service duties.
- Accounts payable functions to include reviewing invoices for correct accounts,
budget and departmental approval, inputting invoices into system, cutting and
posting checks and cash disbursements, with a focus on accuracy and
- Prepares vouchers for payment and maintains voucher register.
- Schedules preparation of invoices in order to take advantage of discounts for
- Maintains financial management system accounting records involving varied but
routine bookkeeping operations in posting and balancing journals, ledgers and
- Charges expenditures to disbursement journals; extends, proves and assembles
expense records; verifies non-duplication of payments and reconciles vendor
statements to payments.
- Maintains, invoice, disbursement or control accounts; balances accounts and
prepares routine reports; takes trialbalances.
- Classifies receipts and expenditures according to standard accounting
classifications and GAAP principles.
- Counts, proves, records and prepares reports on daily cash receipts; posts to
cash ledgers; prepares daily bank deposit; reimburses concession managers for
cash disbursements; prepares reports on daily cash disbursements and posts to
- Counts, proves, records, files, and prepares employee payroll and related
reports on retirement and deferred compensation plans.
- Pre-audits fiscal documents for completeness, accuracy and compliance with
defined departmental accounting procedures.
- Compiles figures for use in preparation of preliminary budgets.
- Maintains time, material and equipment rental cost account records for capital
improvement and maintenance projects. Reviews expenditures for
- Prepares correspondence to actively follows up on receivables.
- Fields telephone inquiries and provides customer service.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience with accounting and financial management systems a plus.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping, accounting, and cashiering principles and
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively on complex assignments and
to analyze a wide variety of data.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers,
other Village departments, peers, and the general public.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
Working toward a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or Public
Administration and three to five years of work experience in general accounting,
bookkeeping, audit procedures, and/or customer service.
Bal Harbour Village provides a competitive benefits package, pension, and room for
View Position Announcement