Position: Deputy Village Clerk
Department: Office of the Village Manager / Village Clerk
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Summary: The Deputy Clerk performs advanced administrative, clerical and managerial work for the Office of the Village Clerk and the Office of the Village Manager. This position assists with the administration/coordination of the Council Agenda process for all Village Council and Board/Committee meetings; in the taking of minutes of all Village Council and Board/Committee meetings; with the appropriate safekeeping of all legislation adopted; assists in the supervision of Village elections; and ensures the handling, classification and filing of all documents as the depository of all records.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
The Deputy Village Clerk works under the supervision of the Village Clerk. The Deputy Village Clerk has supervisory responsibilities as directed by the Village Clerk.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists the Village Clerk with the management and retention of public records per the requirements of the State of Florida and the Bal Harbour Village Code.
- Assists in the management of document scanning and indexing of permanent records as part of the Village’s records management program.
- Attends Council and Board/Committee meetings and workshops and may be required to take minutes of said meetings at the direction of the Village Clerk.
- Assists in the preparation of agenda packets.
- Assists with responding and tracking public records requests.
- Organizes, designs, supervises, and performs specialized research and other programs as designated by the Village Clerk.
- Compiles and develops reports and studies as directed by the Village Clerk.
Assists in the compliance of charges made to the Village Clerk by residents and businesses or other organizations requesting data.
- Compiles and prepares data for monthly, annual and special reports related to the City Code, Charter, and other areas.
- Performs other duties such as filing and managing office records and assists in the work of the office as assigned by the Village Clerk.
Actively pursues Certified Municipal Clerk and Master Municipal Clerk Certification and once obtained, maintains certification up to date.
- Assists the Village Clerk in the management of the elections process.
- Serves as Acting Village Clerk in the absence of, and upon designation by, the Village Clerk.
• A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related field, or an Associate’s degree and two to four (2-4) years responsible experience in a governmental entity performing duties which involve legislative functions. Work experience may substitute for education.
• Considerable knowledge of modern practices and procedures within Municipal or County Clerk’s Office.
• Knowledge of business English, spelling, grammar, punctuation and vocabulary.
• Three (3) years of experience in the performance of general clerical work.
• Must be computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Office and other similar programs.
• Ability to get along with others and work effectively with the public and fellow workers.
• Ability to perform several tasks at one time.
• Ability to deal with confidential and sensitive matters.
• Ability to work in a smoke free and drug free working environment.
• The minimum requirements may be waived by the Village Manager.
Flexible schedule is required. Open until filled. Salary Range dependent on qualifications (DOQ). Excellent benefits.
Bal Harbour Village is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to the concept of equal opportunity in our hiring, employment and personnel practices and policies. All personnel activities are conducted without regard to race, creed, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.
Bal Harbour Village only accepts applications for positions currently advertised and does not accept unsolicited resumes. Please submit résumé and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bal Harbour Village is a Drug Free Workplace Employer. Veterans’ preference will be awarded under applicable Florida Law. All applications/resumes are subject to Florida Public Records Laws.
In accordance with the provisions of the American with Disabilities Act (ADA), persons requiring special accommodations to participate in the employment process should contact 305.993.7312.